Any Rick and Morty fans out there? I’ve watched the tv show whenever I happen to catch it on Cartoon Network and enjoy the weird sense of humor, goofy characters, and the alternate dimensions sci-fi feel of it. Not too long ago I was looking for something fun and simple to draw and decided to do my own abstract version of Rick:
What do you guys think? Did I catch his vibe with the art or can you even tell it is supposed to be him? This drawing did already sell, so I guess someone liked it at least!
Both of these artworks have already sold, but to check out my other art for sale, visit my Ebay store!
This ACEO alcohol marker drawing reminds me of a Scottie dog. When I first showed it to my husband, he thought it was a horse, and I guess I can kind of see that too. What do you see?
As always, you can find my art for sale on my Ebay store!
Check out my art for sale on my Ebay!
Do you love cartoons? I absolutely do. However, I think when most people think of cartoons they think of funny, silly stuff. What I love are the depressed, angry, grumpy, slightly emo characters…
- Those like Eeyore, who walk around like they are on the verge of suicide, but are just too lazy to actually do it.
- Wile E. Coyote who is so darn smart but seems to have really ticked off the powers that control nature and gravity. (I really wish I could see an episode where Wile catches that bird, roasts him and then tears him limb from limb with a fork and eats the stupid thing.)
- Lucy, who likes to snatch the football away at the last minute and laugh, or Charlie Brown, who falls for the same trick over and over and then wonders what the heck is wrong with him.
- Scar, who can look around and honestly say, “I am surrounded by idiots.”
- Oscar the Grouch, who would rather live in a trashcan than share a house or apartment on a street where everyone is so dang HAPPY all the time.
- Grumpy, who not only was cursed to be a stinking dwarf, but has to live his life with two guys named Dopey and Sneezy hanging around.
- Garfield, who just wants to sleep and eat, but occasionally makes time for exercise by kicking Odie off the table.
- Daria…whom most of you may have forgotten or never watched…but always represented the melancholy ideal for me.
- Butters, who inevitably takes the blame for everything anyone ever does, and Kenny, who is always being slaughtered in one way or another (at least the constant killing never got him down for long).
Of course, this list could go on and on, but I think I got the general idea across. So do you relate to those who are downtrodden, grumpy and miserable too or do you love a different kind of cartoon character? Feel free to comment and leave your thoughts below!