No serious topic today. I just wanted to share a couple pics of my cute stuffed animals. The first is a Build A Bear rabbit wearing a little polka dotted kitty outfit I bought at Walmart yesterday. By the way, tip for parents: newborn or 1-3 month baby clothes fit most Build A Bears great and are much cheaper than buying actual Build A Bear clothes!
I also took a pic of the Eeyore I got last Christmas (one of my favorite stuffed animals!) and a pink Care Bear that my Mom got me. Is it just me, or is Tenderheart Bear looking rather coyly at Eeyore? I wonder what has been going on behind my back?
Yesterday I started coming down with a really bad cold that is absolutely kicking my butt today. Definitely time to take a sick day. So, right now I’m curled up on the couch with lots of blankets and comforters, and my new (incredibly soft) Eeyore plush stuffed animal, which was my favorite Christmas gift this year (see above picture). I might just have to stay here all day and watch Disney Channel. Any other adults out there that still love to watch Disney Channel? A couple of their newer shows I really like include “Andi Mack” and “Stuck in the Middle”. I was psyched they played a “Wizards of Waverly Place” marathon on the day after Christmas too! Ok, enough Disney nerding out I suppose…
Any of you ever feel invisible? Most likely, you are human, so you have felt that way at some point in your life. Unfortunately, I feel that way a lot. I’m not sure if it is the bipolar, the autism, or the fact that I am simply a hermit, but I struggle with feelings of invisibility a lot and sometimes feeling like I don’t even really exist, which is a super weird feeling in itself.
Anyhow, as I was feeling pretty darn invisible lately, I looked up some quotes about the feeling and decided to share a few of my favorites here:
“It would be too easy to say that I feel invisible. Instead, I feel painfully visible and entirely ignored.” ~ David Levithan
“I am invisible, understand, simply because people refuse to see me.” ~ Ralph Ellison
“But most days, I wander around feeling invisible. Like I’m a speck of dust floating in the air that can only be seen when a shaft of light hits it.” ~ Sonya Sones
And lastly, some words from our old friend Eeyore:
“I didn’t notice you were here.”
“That’s all right,” Eeyore said as he sat down. “Nobody ever does.”
Do you love cartoons? I absolutely do. However, I think when most people think of cartoons they think of funny, silly stuff. What I love are the depressed, angry, grumpy, slightly emo characters…
- Those like Eeyore, who walk around like they are on the verge of suicide, but are just too lazy to actually do it.
- Wile E. Coyote who is so darn smart but seems to have really ticked off the powers that control nature and gravity. (I really wish I could see an episode where Wile catches that bird, roasts him and then tears him limb from limb with a fork and eats the stupid thing.)
- Lucy, who likes to snatch the football away at the last minute and laugh, or Charlie Brown, who falls for the same trick over and over and then wonders what the heck is wrong with him.
- Scar, who can look around and honestly say, “I am surrounded by idiots.”
- Oscar the Grouch, who would rather live in a trashcan than share a house or apartment on a street where everyone is so dang HAPPY all the time.
- Grumpy, who not only was cursed to be a stinking dwarf, but has to live his life with two guys named Dopey and Sneezy hanging around.
- Garfield, who just wants to sleep and eat, but occasionally makes time for exercise by kicking Odie off the table.
- Daria…whom most of you may have forgotten or never watched…but always represented the melancholy ideal for me.
- Butters, who inevitably takes the blame for everything anyone ever does, and Kenny, who is always being slaughtered in one way or another (at least the constant killing never got him down for long).
Of course, this list could go on and on, but I think I got the general idea across. So do you relate to those who are downtrodden, grumpy and miserable too or do you love a different kind of cartoon character? Feel free to comment and leave your thoughts below!