- Hand still hurting, so wore my cast, but still went out. The pics above are from a cool park with a horse-drawn pumpkin carriage (like from Cinderella). I had to take pics with me pretending to drive the coach, and inside it. After checking out this little park, we went to another nearby park and botanical garden. Did quite a bit of walking so I could get some exercise in. All together, I’m sure I got in more than an hour of physical activity, which felt good after not doing anything yesterday. Had to be super careful with my hand though.
- After all that exercise, I may have undone some of the positive health benefits by getting some ice cream (chocolate vanilla twist soft serve). Oh well. It was delicious. Anyone else find they always want some ice cream after a long walk on a nice day?
Forgot to post yesterday! So today I’ll sum up both yesterday and today!
- My hand is still bruised and tender from my fall the other day, so can’t do any bike riding 😦 Doctor said not to ride for at least a week. Yesterday my husband and I did a short hike at a local lake to get some exercise, and today we went swimming at our community pool. I was pleasantly surprised to find that swimming didn’t hurt too bad, although the pain is intense if someone accidentally bumps into my hand (which my husband did twice! lol)
- Found a doctor who approved me to start Low Dose Naltrexone, so excited to see if it helps my chronic pain as much as it has helped others. One of my doctors outright told me that the reason they don’t prescribe that drug is because the big pharma companies won’t invest in testing it because it won’t make them enough money. Stuff like that makes me so mad. If it helps us should be most important!
- Picked up some women’s health magazines today to hopefully inspire me further on my fitness and diet goals. Do you have a favorite health/fitness magazine?
- After a few days of cutting out sugary drinks, I really do notice a difference. I’m not craving sweets nearly as much or starving all the time. I’m still not a big fan of artificial sweeteners, but they have helped me cut down on the insulin-spiking regular sugars.
- Rough night last night. Horrible dizziness and nausea from migraine. It was one of those rare times where the dizziness and nausea were actually much worse than the head pain. I ended up having to take some Zofran which I hate doing because it messes up my digestion so much. Didn’t get much sleep.
- Even with all that going on, I still did around 15 minutes of electric biking today. Felt good to do something good for myself even when a little under the weather. I did some online research today and found out that electric biking burns around 400 calories an hour, and even using an electric scooter burns about 300 calories an hour – about the same amount as walking! Who knew?
- Thinking I may have done a little too much socializing lately. Feeling burned out and like I need some down time. Socializing in moderation is definitely good for my mental health, but when I try to do too much all at once my inner introvert gets exhausted and craves some alone time.